[thelist] Logo Design (infringement) help requested

edc edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Sat Jun 28 09:09:37 CDT 2003

This will not be of any help in the immediate situation but may reduce the
stress level in future:

Always, without exception, even with friends, do a "Letter of Engagement",

not always binding But it should set out what both sides of the arrangement
are supposed to do including things like on the client side that they
warrant that they have obtained the necessary copyright and publication
clearances.... and so on and so on.....

if you wish to follow this concept up I suggest you search some accountancy
body sites, whoops, yes I know I just said that, but they have a clear
policy on letters of engagement that could be useful but I guess that you
would have avoid like the proverbial any US sites......

Michael Ensor