[thelist] Logo Design (infringement) help requested

Andre Genic g3nic at lycos.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 13:40:32 CDT 2003

> Hi List -
>
> I as contacted this afternoon by the CEO of a company who believes that a
> site that is hosted on one of my servers has stolen their logo design and
> Business name, and is letting me know I'll be hearing from his lawyers.

Belinda,

You should tell him to take this matter up with the owner of the site, not
you, why should you be expected to be the piggy in the middle in all this,
why on earth the CEO would contact you instead of the real person he should
be talking to.

The person who owns the site bought the domain, then he hired someone (i.e.
your friend) to build a site, he obviously had an idea how he wanted his
site to look and passed on his idea's to the designer, so the owner of the
site is responsible, not you or your friend and if you where to reply to the
CEO's email, which I wouldn't, I'd make him well aware that his dispute lies
with someone else.

Andre...