[thelist] What's causing a psychological block?

rytames at telusplanet.net rytames at telusplanet.net
Sat Jun 28 16:50:02 CDT 2003

On 28 Jun 2003 at 16:11, Frank wrote:

> At 11:03 AM 2003-06-28 +0100, you wrote:

[ note: I missed the first half of the thread, so I'm making a reply
	with the message ];

> > [snip] "Kempelen Box", to see the agents and see what answers
> >the box gives to questions, I find the results shockingly poor.

> >Where am I going wrong? What psychological block is stopping people
> >playing around with the box? Or, is the whole concept so boring that
> >nobody bothers to see how it works?

[snip]

I just went, looked around, saw words like 'agent', 'box',
and 'kempelen', diagrams, and more words. So I went
down a links; Looked for what the box was, then for what
an agent was, found what the questions answered were,
said to myself  '?'; and left...

>From what I gather, it looks as though people fill
out personal information forms, and then that info
gets posted on another page; But, the questions are
what is it -used for? -whats the purpose?

I don't know, does not look interesting to me,
how about defining the purpose in 30 words
or less; I for one, would understand much
quicker, rather then wading through what
seems to me, to be mumbo jumbo.

Thats only my opinion.

Ryan.