[thelist] wish list

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Tue Jul 1 08:28:59 CDT 2003

> I agree that LCD's are nicer on the eyes, but I'm used to
> 1600x1200+ on
> dual CRTs. Can anyone recommend a 17" or 19" LCD that can
> handle higher
> than 1280x960? That said, dual monitors are fantastic once
> you learn how to
> manage the real estate.

I assume you mean higher-res than 1280x1024? For that, you're looking at
a 20in screen upwards. There's a couple 19in models I know of capable of
those resolutions, but I wouldn't know how well they perform. One that I
have had experience with (and a damn nice one) is the ViewSonic VP201MB.
Have also heard good things about the NEC LCD2080X, so you might
consider that too. Of course, both are considerable investments at
around £1000-1100 each, but in my eyes it would be money well spent.

HTH,

Gary