[thelist] wish list

Aredridel aredridel at nbtsc.org
Tue Jul 1 11:11:00 CDT 2003

> <tip type="Monitors, Monitors, Monitors" author="Rob.Smith">
>
> How many monitors can you feasibly stick on a single computer to have one
> huge screen? Well it all depends on your hardware set up and how many
> graphics cards you can install. I vaguely remember it being around 16. Can
> you imagine!?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> </tip>

I can imagine.  I set one up for a client.  Dual and Quad video cards,
with DVI outputs.  17" LCDs... he set them up in an arc on his desk, for
watching stocks.  The whole setup was nearly a circle by the time he was
done.  Very impressive, but the mouse-coasting distance was insane.
Once you're above three monitors, you need another navigation system.