[thelist] free stock photography sites?

Rob Sylvan rsylvan at cdtmicrographics.com
Tue Jul 1 13:03:58 CDT 2003

ted serbinski wrote:
[snip]
 > Well I never said spending 50 cents was a bad thing, I was just
 > saying it wasn't as convenient as the ones that didn't charge, but I
 > do understand why they charge, because of bandwith and such.

You're right, sorry if I came off snotty.

 > However, with http://www.istockphoto.com/, one way of getting around
 > paying to download the images is to upload your own. Contributing to
 > a great community of free stock photography is a great opportunity
 > and I like their idea of giving free download credits to those who
 > contribute, helps to build the collection.

They don't give free credits just for contributing though. Contributors
earn 10 cents everytime one of their images is downloaded. So, you'd
need to have 1 image downloaded 5 times (or the equivalent) to get 1
credit. Still a great system, and those dimes do add up fast (better
than the interest on your checking account ;-)).