[thelist] Win2K box burnout

Lonnie kr43m0r at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 13:35:40 CDT 2003

The IWill XP-333R MB in my Win2K box fried as the result of the
chipset fan freezing. :(

I replaced the MB with a Soyo SY-KT400 Dragon Lite. Now the HD is
inaccessible and won't boot because of a STOP 0x0000007B Error.

I read the MSDN articles concerning this, but can't use any
solution there because:
1. No backup made with WinBackup.
2. I can't duplicate the hardware.

Does anyone know how I can get this system up and running again
with the old HD? I'm thinking of a new install of Win2K on a new
HD. Will I then be able to read the old HD as a slave - and
rebuild?

Any pointers welcome,

<tip type="migrating a system HD">
Security restraints prevent moving a system HD from one hardware
to another. Keep up-to-date backups of everything - religiously.
It's not a question of "Will my system crash", but "When..."
</tip>