[thelist] PHP and Apache, each in a box. Possible?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Jul 1 13:39:37 CDT 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, M.G. Noriega wrote:

> i've been asked by a client, who has an standard apache+php app, about
> the possibility of having a second box, apache only and handling the php
> request trough the first box PHP binaries.

I don't have any links handy, but I think you can do this by using the
proxy module in Apache. You would need to plan out the URL structures in
advance, so that requests for PHP pages from the second box could be
mapped consistently to the correct location on the first box.

Try searching for info about the ProxyPass directive, and you will
probably be able to figure something out.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/