[thelist] PS > DW > NP Same Table Problem

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Tue Jul 1 15:27:07 CDT 2003

Hello Experts,
I am trying to create a navigation bar with Photoshop using its Slices Tool and
Save For Web utility. After saving the sliced image, I open the web page
(created by PS) with Dreamweaver. I try to remove the central part of the image
to set a background colour there and type text. When I remove this central
(single-coloured) image the other cells of the (image slices) table
automatically resize themselves messing up all parts of navigation bar. I have
put width and height attributes in each <td> tag but all in vain. I have set
heights and widths of some cells with CSS but no success.
I have removed the above mentioned image with Notepad also (by editing HTML) but
same problem is there.
Why do other cells resize when I remove one image from a cell?
How can I control the cells' widths and heights for navigation bar?

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.