[thelist] wish list

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Jul 2 03:29:29 CDT 2003

> > > Any CRT running at less than 72-75 Hz is unviewable for
> > > anything longer than short stints once you have got used to
> > > good quality, high refresh rate monitors, because the
> > > flicker is visible.
> >
> > Are you referring to when the monitor is used in a room with
> > flourescent lighting.  Respectfully, I notice no flicker in my
> > incandescently lit room,
> > and I'm running at 60hz.
>
> When I switched to a higher refresh rate I instantly felt my
> eyes relax. It's sort of like the pain you never knew you had
> until it went away.

I second this suggestion. I had my monitor running at 60Hz and I was happy
with it--flicker free in fact. Until a friend of mine who is a graphic
designer came over. He took one look at it and asked me how I could bear it.
We changed it to something over 60 and I instantly saw what he was seeing.
The screen image suddenly become solid.

I highly recommend avoiding using a refresh rate of 60Hz. Unless of course
you live somewhere where the electricity is NOT 60Hz also (like Mars maybe).

Hershel