[thelist] refresh rate [was wish list]

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Wed Jul 2 09:55:35 CDT 2003

>How far does this benefit go? What if you are a 70 and you move it to
>75? Is "higher always better"? I've never understood the whole
>refresh thing.
>
>I just switched mine from 70 - 75 and notice no difference here at
>work...
>
>Tom

Per <http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/stepone/story/0,24330,2337563,00.html>

"Monitors need to be refreshed many times per second in order to update new
data. The refresh rate for a monitor is measured in hertz (Hz) and is
usually in a range of 50 Hz to 125 Hz. The faster the rate, the less the
monitor flickers to create a crisper display.

"The "optimal" setting uses the highest refresh rate the monitor and card
can support. This is the best choice because it is automatically the best
rate for the monitor. However, there are a few monitors that are not
defined in Windows so you may have to set it up by hand. "

Norman
www.CraftedSolutions.com
803-405-1008