[thelist] HomeSite

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Jul 2 17:12:04 CDT 2003

At 11:18 AM 7/1/3, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>--- David Kaufman <david at gigawatt.com> wrote:
>> i'm seriously trying to *migrate* from Homesite to Dreamweaver MX
>> because there've been rumblings and rumors in the industry that
>> Macromedia may discontinue it as a stand-alone product, possibly
>> integrating it deeply into their other products.[snip]
>
>I wouldn't jump the gun on that. MM has repeatedly stated they have
>no current plans to discontinue HS, even though a new release is not
>currently forthcoming (nor entirely needed).

Ditto that. Check out the source info for "rumblings and rumors".

More info:
"Truth and Bogosity on the Internet"
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/jd_forum/jd030.html

At 2:14 PM 7/1/3, Charlie Griefer wrote:
>If MM plans to continue to support us 'developer's (those that prefer the
>text-based IDEs to the WYSIWYG environments) by continuing development of
>HS+ and releasing new versions...why keep the existence of the product such
>a secret?  It really just screams of "here...we know we're pissing off the
>people who want a code-based IDE by discontinuing CF Studio...so we'll throw
>you a bone with this HS+...but don't expect it to last".

? I've been down with a flu, so my apologies if I'm not thinking straight,
but if you think Homesite+ is a secret, then why would it be right on the
front product page, among other places?
http://www.macromedia.com/software/homesite/

(If you're doing training for many people, then you might be eligible for
one of the many education bundles... some of these are subsidized versions,
and I recall seeing semester-length activation in the past too. In some
cases even a 30-day trial is an easy way to handle a group.)

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd