[thelist] Flash satay and bgcolor.

Brothercake cake at brothercake.com
Thu Jul 3 03:14:20 CDT 2003

Might be worth noting that the technique described in that article
doesn't work in win IE5.0 - specifically on Win2K with no service packs
- the flash doesn't show up at all.

To get it to work I eventually had to do this:

<!--[if IE 5]>
<object
	classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
	id="flash"
	width="750"
	height="245"

<![endif]-->

<![if ! IE 5]>
<object
	type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
	data="home.swf"
	id="flash"
	width="750"
	height="245"

<![endif]>

<param name="movie" value="home.swf" />

 Which is ridiculous I know, and it gets worse - inverse conditional
comments (by which I mean, NOT conditions) don't work properly in IE5.0
either - they do actually work, but the closing <![endif]> shows up as
literal text on the page, so you have to surround the object in a DIV or
something and set its text colour the same as your background!