[thelist] mIRC

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 3 17:21:04 CDT 2003

> Is there software out there that prevents programs from being
> installed on your computer without your knowledge or
> permission? I would pay for this!

Check out SpyBot:
http://security.kolla.de/

It's a freeware app that gets rid of spyware on your computer and it also
has an immunize function that prevents certain actions from occuring on your
computer, which I believe includes installing spyware apps like you
mentioned.

Anyways, give the product a whirl, it is a great program and is extremely
good at what it does. Highly recommended for anyone who downloads and
installs stuff from the net.

ted