[thelist] URL Parameters with... parameters.

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Jul 8 09:59:13 CDT 2003

>Any ideas on how to make param2 (and any more parameters that may
>follow) to be ignored?

Well... you could do a quick:
Redirection_URL = replace(Redirection_URL, "?", "&")

to change it to:
/redirect.asp?page=www.website.com&param1=value&param2=value

then simply because your first reference is now:
/redirect.asp?page=www.website.com&param1=value&param2=value
             |                    |            |
             |                    |            |
        first query            next set     next set
i.e.:
page   = something
param1 = something
param2 = something
etc.

At this point you have greater (parsing) control over what to keep and what
to toss out as garbage.

Then in your ASP recording page do a quick (with the leftovers)

Redirection_URL = replace(Redirection_URL, ".com&", ".com?")
Redirection_URL = replace(Redirection_URL, ".net&", ".net?")
Redirection_URL = replace(Redirection_URL, ".gov&", ".gov?")
Redirection_URL = replace(Redirection_URL, ".edu&", ".edu?")
Redirection_URL = replace(Redirection_URL, ".ws&", ".ws?")
etc...

"Hit the record button" and voila.

Do you see what I see? or did I make things worse?

Rob.Smith