[thelist] client management software

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jul 8 21:41:19 CDT 2003

Not what I use per se, but Microsoft Outlook does most of the things you
want.
(you'll need to add some custom "user-defined" fields to Contacts" to track
the extra stuff).

Cheers
Ken

From: "Jeniffer C. Johnson" <lead at offlead.com>
Subject: [thelist] client management software

: Okay, I'm just going to ask. What do you professional web folks use for
: tracking your client info? I've been looking, and clearly NOT finding an
: application which will combine the things I would like, which are:
:
: - The usual contact management stuff, name, email addy, address, etc
: - Domains -- which the client has, what registrar they're registered with,
: whether they handle the registrations or I do, and if I do, the expiration
: dates (with the ability to remind me a month out that the account is
coming due
: - Hosting info -- again if it's hosted with me or with another company,
the
: packages they have, expiration dates, plus usernames/passwords used on the
: account, reminders on due dates
: - the ability to track the above two items for more than one site when a
: client has more than one
:
: It would be a bonus if all of the above could be handled on my desktop
: machine, and the data synched with my pda (palm os). I can't seem to find
: anything in between a run of the mill contact management software, and a
: full blown CRM software that does accounting, sales tracking, etc, which
: are features I neither need nor desire. I don't want a full project
: management application either, though the ability to tie in a simple task
: list with the above items would be helpful.
:
: Jeniffer