[thelist] [JS] hilite function for in-page link

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Wed Jul 9 10:54:44 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:38:15 +0100, Gary McPherson wrote:
> > I had the same problem a while back, and put together a
> > solution. It doesn't require editing the HTML at all, just
> > including the script (it dynamically rewrites the document to
> > add onclick events where appropriate).
> <snip>
>
> Nice script, David - did it work for you in IE? Stephen's implementation
> doesn't, for me at least, although it works just fine in Netscape 7.
> What results have you had?

I haven't found a browser which supports document.getElementById but
breaks the script yet.

Mozilla, Opera, Konqueror and IE 6 all run it without a problem... at
least if I remember the testing stages rightly.

Its running at a lot of the pages in the redesign of my site (see
sig). Anything with a list of menu items (other then the site wide
version) will probably trigger it.

http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/contact/#foaf for example.

--
David Dorward                                     http://david.us-lot.org/