[thelist] Suggestions

Tim Fountain tim at incutio.com
Thu Jul 10 07:40:05 CDT 2003

Wednesday, July 9, 2003, 8:20:23 PM, Pete wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:22 PM, Kristof Neirynck wrote:

>>> http://www.cannonier.co.uk
>>
>> Please ge rid of the "Add to Favourites" and "Set as Home Page"
>> links in your navbar. There isn't a single browser out there that
>> doesn't have this functionality built in.

> But there are thousands of users who don't have a clue as to how to
> do either of these. If you are interested in building traffic you
> would be a fool not to include those links.

I disagree.  By including those links (apart from the lack-of-support
issue) you're duplicating browser functionality, which is a usability
no-no.  It only serves to confuse the interface.

In my experience users who don't know how to bookmark sites or make
a site their homepage don't use these features.  Therefore there is no
reason to include the links.

--
Tim Fountain | Web developer | Incutio Limited | www.incutio.com
email: tim at incutio.com | Tel: +44 8708 700 333 | Fax: +44 7092 181 581