[thelist] Password "Protection"

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Thu Jul 10 15:56:54 CDT 2003

At 02:30 PM 2003-07-10 +0100, you wrote:
>"Obviously we can't verify the individual passwords, but as we have a common
>format for membership numbers; that can be the password, so if anyone puts
>in a number which is X and five digits it will transfer through to [the
>other site]. This will give it a sense of exclusivity. Can this be set up?"

I would do it server site, and taking a cue from software developers such
as Adobe (and most others) I would create a password that is based on a
mathematical formula--and still 5 digits long. It's kind of a "middle-way"
approach between "security" and nothing at all.

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.