[thelist] What is the Best Practice for Single Page Redirects?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net
Fri Jul 11 06:48:04 CDT 2003

On Thursday July 10 2003 13:37, Lena Marianne Arvola wrote:
> Which of these methods is better for doing a single page redirect...
>
> Placing the following VBScript before the DOCTYPE:
> <%@ language="VBScript" %><% response.redirect("/url/goes/here/") %>
>
> or to use the following meta tag:

I'm not sure what the VBScript actually does, but the META tag is
dubious at best. The proper way is for the server to send an HTTP
redirect using code 301 for a permanent move, or 302 for a temporary
move. If that's what the VBScript does, then that would be the better
practice of these two methods.

--
Shawn K. Quinn