[thelist] CF: Ridiculous! CFID doesn't stick after re-install ation

Buffington, Michael michael.buffington at office.xerox.com
Fri Jul 11 07:28:50 CDT 2003

This *must* to be an application or registry issue (although you might have ruled it out as a registry problem by using a DSN for client variables). If installing several different flavors of ColdFusion doesn't make it go away, it's probably not ColdFusion.

Out of curiosity, you said you setup a DSN for client variables. Did this solve the issue (even though you saw no values in the DB)?

I too am interested to know if we can see some code. I think between Raymond and I, we have about 14 years of combined CF experience, and it's probably accurate to say we've never seen CF issue new CFID's all on it's own for every request.