[thelist] "Return To" or "Back To" ... Is there a preferred way to write this?

Peekstok, Anna Anna.Peekstok at METROKC.GOV
Fri Jul 11 15:51:03 CDT 2003

I try to avoid link names that assume a visitor has come from a certain
page. People can drop into your page from anywhere (that's why it's called
the web -- it's not linear), so I try to set up my navigation to orient
someone who has never seen any other page on my site.

Why not use language that tells people where they will go if they follow a
link, rather than assuming (perhaps incorrectly) where they've already been?

Anna

[snip]