[thelist] CF: Can't keep CFID [Resolved]

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Fri Jul 11 19:44:18 CDT 2003

At 03:35 PM 2003-07-11 -0500, you wrote:
>Will your next post have code?

I fired off a note to both you and Michael.

The problem had nothing to do with any of the code, or my apps. The final
solution, it seems (and I'm still testing it, hoping that it's not
intermittent) was to re-delete CF, clean out the registry, toast Apache,
re-clean the registry (again, just to be extra sure) and re-install them
both fresh. I'm currently back to running 4.5sp2. I am now, incidentally
using MySQL for variables storage.

The problem only appeared after deleting CFMX, and the issue was universal
to all my sites. I'm taking a wild guess that any of the following might be
true:

a) CFMX left something behind when un-installing

b) That I had failed to completely clean out Apache's conf file.

c) That gremlins got into Apache's works over a series of CF multiple
version un/installs

Whatever may be the case, if you wish more information, merely for the sake
of adding to your mental db of "things that can go wrong", let me know.

Thanks again for your attention.

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.