[thelist] what are your opinions on using frames?

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Sat Jul 12 08:47:01 CDT 2003

> If I am reading an article and I have scrolled down my browser
> a page or two or three...

shurely you meant to say a screenful or two or three    ;o)

> ...  I certainly think it could well be quite helpful to have the
> navigation right there on my screen, rather than having to scroll all the
> way back up to the top or bottom of the window.

many keyboards have actual keys for these functions

on mine, they are called Home and End

(and yes, the keys next to them are called PageUp and PageDown even though
they don't have anything to do with "pages")

just because you yourself -- not you specifically, Hershel, i'm speaking to
the web page designers out there -- use a mouse, does not mean that you have
to start larding your design with links to click on that do basic functions
like positioning the web page at the top or bottom (or going back or
forward, which are features provided by the browser)

in the same thread --

>  <http://www.alanwood.net/pesticides/index_cn_frame.html>

this is gorgeous

very nicely done, Alan