[thelist] Seeking Site Design Assistance

Kevin Rocap krocap at csulb.edu
Sat Jul 12 13:06:50 CDT 2003

Dear friends,

I hope it is appropriate to seek potential web redesign consultants from
this listserv.  I work at a university-based Center, the Center for
Language Minority Education and Research, at California State
University, Long Beach.  We are in desperate need of a website overhaul
and re-design, and specifically one that will allow members of our
Center some latitude to update their own project web pages.  Also, we
are wanting to create a significant Diversity and Equity-in-Education
Portal as part of that re-design (so a database-driven design is key).

Our current site is, unfortunately, not routinely updated (you'll
quickly see the need for redesign):

http://www.clmer.csulb.edu

We have quite a few project-specific sites and web pages not easily
accessible through our main site (these are accessible more to specific
groups of people with whom we work, but we'd like these better
integrated with the whole).

We are on a Windows Professional Server machine using O'Reilly's old
WebSite Pro, I know the name has changed but don't have it handy, and
also have Cold Fusion (which I'd like to make good use of in this
re-design if possible, but am open to other technologies - I'm sure we
can accomodate PHP, ASP, as well).

It would be helpful to have someone also familiar with educational
nonprofit or K-18 (elementary, secondary, higher education) designs
and/or content, but am open if you feel you could handle the work.

We have financial resources, especially for an intensive blitz effort
through the end of August (though we could continue work after that as
well), to get a new site up.  So I'm interested in folks who can focus
in a concentrated way on this effort.

Feel free to contact me directly and please put "CLMER Web Site
Redesign" in the Subject header of your e-mail.  If you could send me
your contact info, a very brief statement of your interest/ideas, a link
to a resume (if available) and to a sample site of yours (if available)
and a sense of your availability for concentrated work in the remainder
of July and all of August, and some sense of the cost of your services
expressed however makes sense to you, I'd be deeply appreciative.

Please send those off-list to me at: krocap at csulb.edu

Thanks!

In Peace,
Kevin Rocap
Director, Program & Development, CLMER/CSULB