[thelist] CSS - to list, to table, or to what? - A menu question

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 08:21:39 CDT 2003

> > http://www.torbytes.co.uk/menutest3.htm
>
> you're screwed if you want to add Intermediate to Beginner and Expert
>
> ;o)

Agreed!

But it's the client thinking it's better to have fewer clicks to the
"meat" than a cluttered page.

I'd prefer to stick with the original paths which required a subsequent
page where the choice was made.

Of course the client thinks it's all done with smoke and mirrors so....

> jeff, did you notice how clean your code looked in the last
> incarnation?

> that's what i'm talking about -- just pure structure
>
> i hate it when people think that using css means attaching a class to
> everything, or nesting a bunch of divs...

Are you pointing that finger at me?  ;o)

I love clean code too, but sometimes to get a "look" we have to jump
hoops - I take your point though - the CSS and HTML could be much
cleaner and still get the same results, I'm still feeling my way....

Thanks for the insight.

Tony