[thelist] footer not positioning correctly inNN6.2browser-SOLUTION

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Jul 14 03:15:31 CDT 2003

Gary wrote:
> I'm not sure if you're referring to the dreaded "attack of the white
> box", but I'm getting that on the right-hand side of the footer in both
> NS7 and IE6. From what I can see in your source and stylesheet, this is
> due to the background-color of the "bottom" class assigned to the second
> table cell, which overlaps your right-hand border. Set it to
> "transparent" and that should solve the problem.

Thanks for the help, Gary. Transparent fixed "the attack of the dreaded white box" in IE5.5 and N6.2. However, N4.7 coughs on background-color: transparent, showing a black background. So, couldn't use for its stylesheet. Oh, well. At least it will look good in the newer browsers. And I'm grateful for that!!!!

Best,
Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
             -- Thomas A. Edison