[thelist] footer not positioning correctlyinNN6.2browser-SOLUTION

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Jul 14 07:59:15 CDT 2003

Gary wrote:

> The simple alternative would be to just remove the background-color
> definition altogether, assuming you're not aiming for CSS validation -
> which I don't believe you are.

    Taking another look at it, I left the background-color in both stylesheets. The imported one I made transparent and the one that NN4. reads I made  white to match the body background. However........ there can no longer be a "white box" on the right because I realized that I was giving my blue strip background image a "repeat" value which, at the higher resolutions, was causing the blue strip to repeat to the right and the bottom box then showed up. Changed it to "repeat-y" and, presto! No problem.

    I am aiming at CSS validation...and it validates.

Thanks again, Gary.

Sharon

> > Thanks for the help, Gary. Transparent fixed "the attack of
> > the dreaded white box" in IE5.5 and N6.2. However, N4.7
> > coughs on background-color: transparent, showing a black
> > background. So, couldn't use for its stylesheet. Oh, well. At
> > least it will look good in the newer browsers. And I'm grateful for
> > that!!!!
> >
> > Best,
> > Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
             -- Thomas A. Edison