[thelist] ASP: Adjusting strings for SQL

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Mon Jul 14 09:48:12 CDT 2003

Hello List,

I'd like to know what the best practice is for adjusting a string for SQL.
I have a text box that is being written to a memo column in Access, and
currently it drops everything after an apostrophe. (Example: user enters
"It's our employees that....." and only "It" is written to the db.)  I
undersdtand, however, that an apostrophe is not the only thing that would
cause the SQL to blow up.

So, is there a built in VB function to adjust for these situations?  Or is
there a simple (or not-so-simple) work around?

TIA,

Casey