[thelist] IE Scrollbar Bug

Vidar Braut Haarr vidar at coretrek.com
Tue Jul 15 09:11:11 CDT 2003

Greetings !

I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this, so forgive me
if it's not.

I just encountered an old IE bug. It makes up room for a scrollbar on
the page, even if it doesn't need one. I'm using a frameset with a
topbar and main.

|   Topbar         |
|   main           |
|                  |

The "scrollbar-placeholder" only appears in the main frame.

So, my question is, is there a simple, HTML 4.0 Trans, way to get around
this bug ?

The workaround should be compatible with IE4>, Moz and Opera5>.

I can't give you a link to the HTML here, and I haven't got time to
produce a small testcase right now.. But if you require so, I'll do it

Thank you,

Vidar Braut Haarr                  CoreTrek A/S
Systemutvikler                     + 47 51 97 85 97
"Programmers don't die, they       www.coretrek.com
just GOSUB without RETURN."        Simple is Beautiful