[thelist] CFMX problem - HTML output cut off - and character encoding

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Tue Jul 15 11:03:33 CDT 2003

>However, this brings up a related question (and an answer to your question
>about where I have the <cfcontent> tag. Because of problems I was having
>with accented characters and curly quotes, I've added the following to my
>Application.cfm file (these came from two suggested solutions, so I used
>both to be thorough):
><cfprocessingdirective pageencoding="iso-8859-1">
><cfcontent type="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
>Would you or anyone else happen to know which of these is the preferred
>method of dealing with character encoding problems?

Well, my last post may not be relevant anymore. Due to even *more*
(different) character encoding issues, I've decided to just bite the bullet
and go with UTF-8. It seems to have solved a few issues. I'm going to leave
the <cfprocessingdirective> and <cfcontent> tags there, though, just in
case. I've also added <cfset setEncoding("form","utf-8")> to my
Application.cfm, due to some curly quote problems I was having.

Sarah