[thelist] footer not positioning correctly in NN6.2 browser-RESOLUTION

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Tue Jul 15 14:14:39 CDT 2003

Alexander wrote:

[snip]
>   Go to this URL: http://www.bluerobot.com/, which offers two different ways
> to center a <div> with CSS. On the right hand side the menu that lists 'CSS
> centering 1' and 'CSS centering 2'.
[/snip]

Thanks a whole load of bananas, Alexander. Glad we did not give up.

Whoopee, this worked! I used the CSS #2 solution at the Blue Robots site and tweaked til it looked just right. No matter the resolution, there is an equal amount of space left and right on the newer browsers (well, IE5.5 and IE6.2). Actually NN4.7 looks much better when I changed the table width from percentage to fixed-width pixels on the html page...and text-aligned "center" the .bottom class (instead of text-align: left) in its stylesheet.

For IE and N6.2 (and hopefully IE6 and N7.x and others):

stylesheet changes:

div#bot { position: absolute; left: 50%; width: 500px; font-weight: 500; color: #009; font-size: .8em; margin-top: 10px; margin-left: -166px; padding: 10px;}

(Note: I had tried a negative margin solution very similar to this about 3 days ago but left out the crucial left: 50%, so I gave up.)

and
changed the .bottom class to text-align: center" (was "left").

Best,
Sharon