[thelist] CF: Tip - Usage of Boolean Values

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Jul 16 14:20:50 CDT 2003

At 02:33 PM 2003-07-16 -0400, you wrote:
Shucks! I made an booboo.

Averages
if (boolVar): 422.5
if (boolVar eq true): 449.7

if (not boolVar): 426.6
if (boolVar eq false): 421.6

After several repetitions of this, it seems, that on my machine that it's
only faster for positives and seems to be more or less equal on negatives.

Yet, when placed in a loop (looped over the whole thing ten times, the
values came out identical across each loop. I don't get it, or know how to
interpret the results. Does this mean that the difference is -in the long
run- insignificant? (Code I used at http://www.frankmarion.com. It's under
Goofin' around.)

Here is the average result over 10 iterations of Michael's code.

Averages
520.7
562.8
573.8