[thelist] IE Field Tip

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Jul 16 22:02:56 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Howden" <jeff at jeffhowden.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 5:23 PM

> um, well....
>
> blur() -> execute onblur event handler statement
>  -> results in aler()
>  -> results in focus() method being called
>  -> user changes data and tabs to next field, also with an onblur event
> handler
>
> it's really easy to end up with dueling alert() dialogs stuck in an
endless
> loop.

Jeff,

So it seems that your statement about preferring onblur over
onpropertychange has more to do with poor programming than it does about one
method being better than another?  That being said, I think I'll stick with
onblur, since it (hopefully) has universal support whereas onpropertychange
probably does not.

Thanks.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer