[thelist] mySQL questions

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Thu Jul 17 18:48:29 CDT 2003

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>1 - I created a new DB and somehow some kind of templates were
>created - tplconfig.php, cooltemplate2.php. Not knowing what these
>were I deleted them which appears to have been a mistake.
>
>Warning:
>load_config(/home/httpd/vhosts/<myDomain>/httpdocs/tplconfig.php):
>failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
>/home/objects/cooltemplate2.php on line 277
>
>I only have one file, index.php and I did not include any such files.
>I also went and deleted all these out of my database.

How did you create the database? Looks like you installed an application
of some sort that uses some templates for layout? The index page need
not necessarily call them directly, could be a group of  functions that
control the template display. Need more info to help

>2 - What is the best data format to use for a large body of text
>(such as an article) in my database. Right now I have longtext, but I
>don't really understand the differences.

basically in the size of the data ypou can store in there: (tinytext,
mediumtext and longtext)
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_types.html

--
	Paul Bennett