[thelist] My first post and question on DOM

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Jul 17 23:28:52 CDT 2003

At 05:53 PM 7/17/2003, Alexis Bellido wrote:

>The user can create an invitation list (in order to make a reservation)
>for celebrating his birthday at the disco, in the first page the user
>selects a date, numbers of persons he will invite and and a comment.
>This is easy, this info goes to mySQL and after that he is taken to a
>page with form fields to enter this 3 items for each person invited:
>name, last name and email.
>
>For example if the user selected that he wants to invite 5 persons he
>will be presented with 5 groups of this fields: name, lastname and
>email.
>
>What i want is by using Javascript and DOM that the user be able to add
>or remove fields, for example if he decides he wants to invite more
>persons he can add 3 more fields for this new person, or he could remove
>some persons.

Forms, usability, and the W3C DOM
By Peter-Paul Koch
http://digital-web.com/features/feature_2003-05b.shtml

This might help. It's not a how to, but has some good examples.

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys