[thelist] Tricky Database Question

M.G. Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Fri Jul 18 04:33:13 CDT 2003

El vie, 18-07-2003 a las 00:11, Sam Richardson escribió:
> I'm developing an application that is going to deal with information about
> different animals, and breeds of those animals.

I'm not 100% percent sure, but could XML be more appropiate to model
this kind of info

<animals>
       <animal id="001"></animal>
	<species>Dog</species>
	<breed>Unknown</breed>
	<name>Little Santa's Helper</name>
		<attributes>
			<attribute name="speed" unit="km/h"/>
1
</attribute>
</attributes>
</animal>
</animals>

Of course, the schema could be organized around species, breed, etc..
not individual animals. XML gives you more power to deal with
semi-structured info, imo.

Just trying to think outside the box :)

--
Manuel González Noriega