[thelist] Need Mac and IE5x Menu Check plus (revised request).

Pat Meeks pmeeks at msn.com
Fri Jul 18 15:58:24 CDT 2003

Hassan:

Hassan wrote:
> IE 5.5/Win -- there's a little artifact above the curve;
> screenshot at <http://webtuitive.com/samples/sample.jpg>
> .and mousing over the [ Home | Products | Catalog | Contact Us ]
> links causes that bar to expand and contract (!).
> All good in Safari and Moz, though :-)

I took out the all and the "height: {100%}", all top/bottom padding and took
some BrowserCam shots. I don't see any artifacts in any of the browsers via
BrowserCam since this change. However, in IE5x, there is no "white-space:{no
wrap}", so an artifact will appear if the window is narrowed to where the
top menu text begins (the td widens and the background color of the table
creates the artifact, since the corner gif is white and it's in the style
sheet, not in the td). I left the horizontal padding in [ Home | Products |
Catalog | Contact Us ]. Since the a, a:hover and td all have the same
padding, I don't think there is anything left to make it jump or
contract/expand. ;-).

I've been using the padding to try and get the hover to extend above/below
the link text, but it looks like I can only get it to reliably work on the
width. I'll check the hack sites again to see if can figure out some way
around to do this.

Site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~measureone/tools_supplies_training/
BrowserCam shots:
http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=12983

Thanks, Hassan. I wasn't able to add any VM software into the budget to be
able to test IE5x and Mac browsers. You and Kathy have been a big help. Much
appreciated.

Regards, Pat