[thelist] php timer

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Sat Jul 19 17:01:30 CDT 2003

<quote who="Charles Cattell">
> still kinda new at this and that just went way over my head .... lol

If you have a unix server you have shell access on then you most likely
have access to something called "cron." (don't worry about what it is)

You may or may not have a php binary on the server, it may only be a part
of the webserver.  You are however, likely to have lynx or wget, two
http-capable command line programs.

What you want to do is create a cronjob to just call something like "lynx
-dump http://www.mysite/admin/dbupdate.php" or whatever the file you wish
to run is.  If you don't know how to do this, you will likely have to talk
to your system administrator.

-davidu