[thelist] online quiz database structure

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Mon Jul 21 02:04:33 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 03:15:36PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I can only think of two options at this point:
> 	- remove qanswer from the survey_questions and create another table
> 	  that holds question_rightanswer
> 	- change the qanswer column to a varchar and allow a string of comma
> 	  separated answers

I've decided on a third option. The "right answer" information now resides
with the answer table instead of the question table. I've also eliminated
the answer_question relationship table. Now the answer table holds which
question it is tied to (since each answer can only be used in one
question).

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin