[thelist] Automatically generating a SWF

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Mon Jul 21 09:31:45 CDT 2003

> I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction where I can find
> information about generating SWF (Macromedia Flash) file's directly from
> an
> ASP/HTML page, and how to manipulate that file. I hope that makes sense.
>
> Specifically, I want users on my site be able to select an audio file
> which
> they like, and I want to be able to take that audio file (WAV) and IMPORT
> it
> into layer 1 frame 1 of a SWF.

Why not do this the other way around? Build a small flash app that allows
the person to pick the mp3 file. The flash app would then load the song
and play it, displaying any information related to the song.

Also, unless this is an intranet with a gigabit network, you will want to
use mp3 files. Plus, I am not sure if Flash can import external wav files
anyway. (I may be wrong though)

You can also connect flash to asp so all the song details can be stored in
a database along with the song list. This would allow for the songs to be
updated/changed dynamically without having to recompile the flash files.

--
Chris Johnston

chris at fuzzylizard.com
www.fuzzylizard.com