[thelist] [OT] looking for practical UML/OO design book

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Mon Jul 21 11:12:30 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am looking for a practical UML / OO design book. What I would love to
find is a book that takes a non-trivial (1000+ lines of code) program and
disects the design process. Or at least a very practical UML book with
lots of real world examples.

I already have the UML user guide, so do not need a book that really
explains UML. It is the design process that I want to learn specifically.

<tip type="ColdFusion MX" author="Chris Johnston">
Naming Conventions for CFMX cfc's on a Linux server

It seems that if you are trying to create cfmx cfc's to be used on a linux
server, you need to ensure that the complete name is in lower case
letters, otherwise cfmx will not be able to find the cfc. Apparently, when
cf looks for the cfc, it does so by converting the name to lowercase and
linux being case sensitive, the cfc can not be found.
</tip>

--
Chris Johnston

chris at fuzzylizard.com