[thelist] Atomz Search

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 22 07:09:33 CDT 2003

> ... The
> search works
> really well ...

Well, when I tried it, I got absolutely nothing back from my search of your
site. I can see from the source that there is actually a web page there on
my browser with

Sorry, no matches were found containing <b>eggs.</b>

in it, but it doesn't show up on IE6 Win 2K. Nothing whatsoever shows up.
Just a white screen.

On this subject, however, I have a client on a Win2K server with a site with
several hundred hard-coded pages. We have just finished setting up a simple
CMS for him and they are inputting the pages into a database and soon the
site should be CGI-driven. The pages are going to remain hard-coded HTML,
however. Further, they have hard-coded links to each other. Our Perl code
parses the links and translates them into CGI equivalents on the fly.

We are looking now for a search utility for this site. Anyone have any
suggestions?

Thank you,
Hershel