[thelist] favicon weirdness

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Tue Jul 22 08:18:26 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 22, 2003, at 06:55 Asia/Jerusalem, Ken Schaefer wrote:

> I can't reveal specifics, obviously, due to NDAs etc. However, anyone
> who
> does web-application development will be able to tell you all about the
> "extra" stuff that's currently required to get things working

Silly me. And I thought that the whole idea behind a web application is
that it is OS independent. Yes, I know MS has been pushing away from
that ideal for a few years now. But I simply do not get why so many web
developers are going with that, especially now, that we know that the
next version of IE will be tied not just to Windows platform (thus
leaving out all Mac, Unix and Linux users, not to mention a large
number of people using non-pc devices to connect to the net), but also
to a specific version of Windows platform.

Sure it is good for Microsoft, but how is it good for us, and more
important, how is it good for the users?
ִ