[thelist] Spreadsheet Quandary

lmp aruba at cybersync.com
Tue Jul 22 09:17:11 CDT 2003

We have built some html pages and they are going to be burnt onto a CD.
One of the pages is a list of inventory items, description and 3 tiers
of pricing. The original data is in an Excel spreadsheet. We have
converted it and put it into the web page but the problem is when the
spreadsheet changes we have a lot of work to get it into the proper
format. Using Excel and saving it as html will not work.

The question is can we somehow read an Excel spreadsheet and output the
data into a web page. Like a template that reads the rows of data and
outputs them. Since these are going onto CD for the sales force we can't
use a data base like MySQL. Is there some javascript out there that can
help us, or does any body have some ideas on how to handle this?

Thanks,
Lynn