[thelist] OT: MS publisher plea; TIP :colour schemes

Geoff Sheridan web2k2 at premonition.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 06:57:17 CDT 2003

Apologies for the off-topicness.

A client has supplied me with a 2 page MS publisher document. I am a
Mac boy and can't open it. The client is on holiday, and when he gets
back I'm supposed to have done something with it.

If anyone has MS Publisher installed and a few spare minutes I would
*greatly* appreciate ANY of the following:

* Screen shot of document
* Text scavenged from document
* PDF of document

The file is here (540k) http://www.premonition.plus.com/leaflet.pub
and zipped here (441k) http://www.premonition.plus.com/leaflet.pub.zip

Thanks!
And see you at EUvolt this weekend!

<tip type="colour schemes" author="Geoff Sheridan">
You webdesign bods often seem to have trouble with choosing colour schemes.
In print design we often use 'tints' of a coloured ink to emphasise
different parts of a design.
We do this by breaking up the ink on the page into dots and allowing
the page-white to show through, thus making a lighter version of the
main colour. This always goes well with the main colour.
This simple way of getting another colour into the design is often
overlooked by web designers, who too often use three or more
completely different colours, resulting in a visual chaos.
If you have a HSB colour picker, you can get different tints by
simply increasing the B(rightness).
</tip>