[thelist] ASP: Can't figure out error

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Wed Jul 23 10:43:37 CDT 2003

I have a small Access database used for some web content.  Everything *was*
working w/o a problem, but then I downloaded the production version from the
server and wrote over the top of my development version.  I did this because
I needed to make some structural changes to the database, but I didn't want
to loose the changes that the client has made to their existing data.

But now, on my development server, I get this error:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine
cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
another user, or you need permission to view its data.
/boser/includes/connection.asp, line 16

Notes: The database is NOT open.  It and the folder are NOT set to
read-only, and the folder IS shared for the web.  I have been googling this
error for a while and I've not come up with a solution.  I can't figure out
why simply replacing one copy of a working database with another copy of the
same database, also working, would cause it to bomb.

Anybody?

TIA,

Casey