[thelist] ASP: Can't figure out error

Julian Voelcker asp at tvw.net
Wed Jul 23 11:47:17 CDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:43:37 -0500, Casey Crookston wrote:
> /boser/includes/connection.asp, line 16

Did you download any code at the same time - could you have your
connection strings muddled up?

Can you open the database up OK in Access?
Have you tried compacting the database?
Are the permissions set correctly so that the application can access
the database (the IUSER<machinename> will need read and write
permissions in the folder).
I know it is a long shot, but have you tried re-starting your machine -
I have come across some odd connection timeout problems with access
that disappear on reboot for a while and then they come back - if this
is the case you need to update your version of the MDAC drivers.

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom