[thelist] Hiveware email address encoder

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Thu Jul 24 19:06:37 CDT 2003

> > > How do you suggest I as an individual "not condone email
> > > harvesting"?
> >
> > by making sure that your email cannot be picked up by spambots
>
> Boy, Rudy I find that comment nothing short of amazing!
> So it is MY fault I get spam!

yes, it sure is

go outside when it's raining, and you'll get wet

put a mailto: on your web page, and you'll get spam

i'm amazed that you're amazed

and let's be clear, there are two different kinds of sites -- personal and
professional

a professional site should be using a web form, an 800 number, a snail mail
address, and yes, if it has the big bucks to implement fancy-schmancy spam
filters, go ahead and post a mailto on the site

a personal site?  well, YOU are responsible for that, and if YOU put a
mailto on YOUR site then YOU are gonna get spam, and it *is* YOUR fault

like i said, i'm amazed that you're amazed

especially for a guy who knows who squidward is --  YOU amaze ME

rudy