[thelist] Site now live; Need Quick Mac and IE5x checks; Have one strange NS4x problem (PCI site)

Pat Meeks pmeeks at msn.com
Mon Jul 28 02:38:49 CDT 2003

Hi...

The site had to go live this weekend so I did not have time to do a sample
page for a final Mac and IE 5x check. I think I got rid of the Mac and IE 5x
main menu problems during the template check, but I can't be certain.

Mac and IE5x:
Please mouse over or click on the two top menu rows and see if anything
strange happens, like jumping text or rows separating. If you happen to see
anything really strange in the foot section, let me know. BrowserCAM only
shoots above the fold.

NS4x Problem:
In the upper right corner, right under the " GO " search button, there is
one of those boxes appearing (as if the character is supposed to be there
but it's not included in your font family). I can't figure out what is
causing this nor how to get rid of it. It only appears in NS4x, and it puts
an extra space in the header. If anyone knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate
it.

BrowserCAM shows that most browsers show things pretty much the same, so
it's the menus that I'm concerned about. I know that there is a strange
problem in NN6.2 and have decided to let it go. It's not real pretty in
NS4x, but it functions. If you think it looks too bad in NS4x, let me know.
I used some tables just to support NS4x for another year and tried to move
as much to CSS as I could (but I'm still learning - I'll be working on
refining the CSS as an ongoing project).

Site:
http://www.practicalcomponents.com/
CSS
http://www.practicalcomponents.com/styles/nn4.css
http://www.practicalcomponents.com/styles/all.css

I must still go back and add more accessibility, and I need to add the
active and focus states, etc. but for now, I just need to know if works on
Mac and IE5x .... and I really, really need some sleep.

Many, many thanks for all the help. Pat